As I was driving home from work this evening, I began to think about the people in my life - those who I've known for a long time, those I've recently met, and the strangers I've encountered and passed by on the street. In the process, I realized how much I value each and every person. Everyone has a unique story to tell, and even if the details of their life's story seem mundane to them, there is something so beautiful in each of their stories. This beauty may take form in various ways, but it is there. The heartaches and the joys of every individual have shaped who they are as a person. They may not have the most perfect life (no one is perfect), yet there is still beauty in their brokenness.
This is just one reason why I am currently studying psychology. I really enjoy meeting new people and listening to their stories. Most of all though, I want to understand where they're coming from - what they've been through, what has shaped their personality. I desire to understand better, so that I can love better. Everyone deserves to be loved and accepted for who they are.
Who cares what ideals media and culture tell us to conform to?
Everyone is beautiful in their own way.
Mumford & Sons - Awake my soul by ptrck
I'm the same way! I've always been interested in hearing people's stories...where they've been, where they come from - it's all so interesting in understanding people. That's why I have a hard time with people who don't really talk because I always have so many questions and things to talk about. I also just love watching people, it's so interesting.
ReplyDeleteI agree!
ReplyDeleteAnd people watching is so much fun :)
Especially when you're able to do it in different settings and cultures and notice the simimlarities and differences in how people interact with one another!