9.22.2010

The Sound of Silence

I often find myself in the most creative of moods when deadlines are looming and lists of things to do seem endless. It's the most inconvenient time for my mind to plant great ideas into my head, yet my mind seems to be convinced otherwise. Why is it that when I'm bored, I can't think of anything new and exciting to do, but when I'm busy (or it's late at night and getting a good night's sleep should be taking precedence over anything else), I can think of endless things I feel like doing?

I found myself in such a situation last night. Procrastinating on my data analysis assignment, I had the sudden impulse to start a blog. The idea had occured to me several times in the past, but I just never got around to it. So I started taking pictures of things I could include in future blog entries, such as my small (but growing) collection of records and various thrifted items that are worth mention, among other things. (I'm a pro at procrastination). After dragging myself back to the computer to complete my assignment, and after plenty of lengthy facebook breaks during the completion thereof, I created this blog. Hopefully it will be of some interest to you!

And on that note, here are a couple of the photos I took yesterday. I unearthed this Simon and Garfunkel record at a garage sale last weekend for 50 cents. Score!!

2 comments: